Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy Holidays

I have needed to update for quite some time now. I've just been too lazy I guess. We really enjoyed our Thanksgiving in Georgia. I definitely bonded well with everybody. Their hospitality was very genuine and they made Michael and I feel right at home. I look forward to visiting with them again.

Lets see.. I'm now 24 weeks and 5 days. The baby kicks me almost all the time, and a couple nights ago, right before Michael and I went to sleep, he got to feel the baby kick for the first time! I was so happy. Then, she didn't want to stop lol. Silly already.

Michael and I are staying home for Christmas. We are inviting one of his friends from work to spend Christmas Day with us. Nobody should be alone for the holidays. Plus, it gives me a reason to prepare a huge meal.

My birthday is also coming up. The 23rd of December to be exact. Which would make it about two weeks away. This year has gone by so quickly. In a lot of ways I'm glad, because I think this year has been one of the worst. I've gone through so much this year. Excluding the miracle of this pregnancy, because it is indeed a miracle, but it's just been a hell of a year.

Gizmo has recently been sick. He was hospitalized for a day, due to Pancreatitis. He had been real lethargic for a couple days. He wasn't eating one of those days; at all. He would barely drink any water, and had a small bout of diarrhea in the house. A couple days later he was throwing up and I said this is the last straw, something is wrong. Thankfully we have a vet clinic right across the street. So, I took him over there. I never anticipated he would be as sick as his diagnosis. I thought maybe it was just a viral thing, but he was very sick. We caught it early enough to get him better though. He is now on a prescription diet and just took his last bit of medication today. He seems a lot better, which is wonderful. It costed us over 300 dollars to get him better. It was worth it. He will now be a low fat diet for the rest of his life. He isn't happy about this, but as long as he is healthy that is all that matters.

Anyway, I should get going. Here is a picture of our Christmas tree. It is half lit. We can't seem to find the bulb that is out. When we actually have money we will get a fuse finder. Until then it's a half lit tree. Which isn't so bad. Happy holidays all.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment