Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It gets better

It's amazing the damage one can do to another, mentally and emotionally. To break somebody down because they are so unhappy; to hurt another person because they are so miserable or selfish. Seeing people I love hurting, hurts me. It's so easy to break a persons spirit, so why do it? Is it because they don't see what they are doing, or because they just don't care? I'll never know.

I wish I could make things better those people. As somebody who dealt with abuse, I can completely relate to the hurt and struggle through everyday life. Even if you don't have contact with that person, the impact they made on your life lives on. It's something that hard to overcome.

I learned something recently; We are completely in control of the people we bring in and around our lives. We have the power to let them hurt us, and the power to kick them to the curb, but it's so much easier said than done. My point is, we can control our happiness. Sometimes that takes a little help, be it therapy, medications, etc, but there is no shame is asking for help. When we're that broken, that tired, that worn down, sometimes we do need help. We're only human, we can only do so much before we break down. The strongest people can't always be on top of their game. 

I can't really indulge what this is about, but I hope if the person I'm writing about reads this, that they know how much I love them, and know it will get better. It has to. 

1 comment: